Our staff are key to our success.
We pride ourselves on providing customers with superior service and expert advice, so it is important that everyone working at Cornmarket shares that vision.
We are always looking for talented professionals who put the customer’s needs as a top priority. Of course, you will need to meet the technical requirements of any role advertised, but your enthusiasm, motivation and attitude is equally important.
You’ll find our current vacancies below.
Insurance Sales Advisor
Business Function: General Insurance Broker
Reports to: Sales Manager
Business Division: Sales & Customer Service
Purpose of the role
We require a sales advisor to work in Cornmarket Insurance Services who will contribute to the effective operation of the New Business Sales unit, maximising sales opportunities and customer service, maintaining company procedures and ensuring unit sales targets are met.
The role will require calling leads, receiving incoming calls for quotations, arranging new insurance policies and dealing with enquiries on policies.
* To respond to telephone requests from customers / potential customers for quotations or cover in connection of business in a professional and efficient manner.
* To proactively pursue new business leads in order to secure sales.
* To obtain leads from customers / potential customers in the form of renewal dates of other general insurance products which they may require in the future, for the purpose of cross-selling and underpinning existing business.
* To update and maintain computer records relating to customers and potential customers.
* To adhere to the requirements of insurance companies as regards meeting underwriting criteria and administration in providing quotations or cover in connection with new business.
* To obtain and provide all necessary information (as available), which would be required to enable efficient administration and issue of policy documentation.
* To provide statistical information to management as and when required in relation to quotations, sales and leads.
* To comply with the most recent Data Protection requirements in connection with handling customers / potential customers.
* To comply with the most recent FCA regulations / requirements.
* To contribute towards the organisations Corporate Social Responsibility awareness.
* Other duties as requested by management.
The ideal candidate will have 5 GCSEs (minimum grade C) or equivalent to include Maths and English Language. Previous telesales or direct sales experience along with keyboard skills. Candidates will need to provide evidence of qualifications and/or demonstrate high levels of numeracy and literacy.
Critical Competencies: skills and abilities required for the role
* Strong interpersonal & communication skills
* Self-driven and enthusiastic with a desire to succeed
* Ability to work to deadlines and targets
* Excellent telephone manner
* Fluency in spoken and written English
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Can-Do Will Do attitude with a relentless focus on customer
* Pension contribution by employer of 3%
* Company Health Insurance Plan provided with employer contribution
* Private Health Insurance for employees who attain 2 years’ service
* Advanced Driving Training for car drivers with licence over one year
* Insurance discounts available
* Free car parking provided at rear of premises
* Company Sickness Benefit Scheme provided for employees over one year service
* Internal career progression prospects / opportunities
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cornmarket Insurance Services is committed to equality of opportunity for all job applicants and employees regardless of sex, disability, marital status, religious affiliation, political opinion, race, sexual orientation or age and therefore all recruitment and promotion will be based solely on merit.